Tuesday 23 February 2016

Artist and Photographer Richard Waldron now at bGallery




I paint mainly representational landscape and figure work. I strive to tell a story whilst emphasising light and colour in my own style.
I am influenced by Monet, Van Gogh, Eric Gill, Matisse and Picasso. I strive towards a graphic or impressionistic rendering, though return often to representational work.
I dislike the lack of drawing and observational skills to be seen in so much contemporary 'conceptual' art which I see as less art, more craft. Artists such as Hockney and Hopper in the USA are examples of good modern representationalism with drafting and painting skills.
Marija Posso, curator and publicist based in New York City says: "I really enjoy your art, especially the visceral, landscape paintings. Each piece conveys a sense of endless wonder and imagination. Your stylistic approach reminds me of reflections, memories and dreams combined with reality. I find these works to be thoughtful, moving, and I'd like to know more about them." 

His work is also published at www.saatchionline.com/profile/178864



No comments:

Post a Comment